Simple DIY bench idea perfect for a Saturday Summer project:
These great looking benches were made by combining two fundamental building materials.
What you will need:
- 12 x 190mm building blocks
- 4 pieces of (10 cm x 10 cm x 3m) treated South African pine beams
- Concrete adhesive
Tip: Make sure the ground is level before setting everything in place.
1. Start with one side.
Set 4 building blocks vertically, and 2 that go on top horizontally.
Allow approximately 1.5m of distance before setting the next side of building blocks.
2. Feed the wood through one side to the other. Make sure you have at least 15 cm sticking
out on both sides. If you want smaller seating, you may always trim the excess wood.
3. Once you are happy with the placement and size of the seating, temporarily remove the wood beams.
Use the concrete adhesive to set the building blocks in place.
4. After the concrete adhesive has dried, feed the wood beams through the top holes of the building blocks.
Add cushions and relax!