As part of Cape Brick‘s ongoing quest to reduce their carbon footprint and to maintain their status as the leader of environmentally friendly bricks, they have now used an innovative insulation system to help in the curing process of their cement based products.
This has the advantages of:
- More efficient utilisation of cement which results in a lower cement content
- Improved hydration during the curing process
- Increased overall compressive strengths on all products
- Faster curing times which improves early handling strengths and reduces breakages
- Improved product turnaround times
- Overall reduction in waste and rejects which further reduces cement use
The overall effect will be even better products and service levels for Cape Brick clients as well as a reduced carbon footprint.